Thursday, December 17, 2009
2. In reference to the story of the birth of Christ, Joseph doesn't get nearly as much attention as he deserves. Not that Mary and Jesus don't deserve the attention they get. I just think that it took a lot of faith, support, love, and courage to do what Joseph did. I have come to have a great love and appreciation for him.
3. We had a 10-day (or around 10-day) streak of clear blue, sunshiny skies. It was bitter cold though. It made me miss Chicago terribly. I prefer "sunny and cold" over "rainy and warm". Because when it is "rainy and warm", warm is really like 45-degrees. Which is still cold in my book. And when you're getting rained on in "warm" weather you end up getting wet...and cold. So really it's not "rainy and warm" but it's "rainy and cold".
4. I may be calling the kettle black since I am not one who typically speaks grammatically correct. In fact, Wyatt is constantly correcting me. I guess I'll blame him for this point. It hurts my ears when a person says, "He took a picture of Wyatt and I." Me, it's ME! "He took a picture of Wyatt and ME." It drives me crazy when people use the word "I" incorrectly. Rule of thumb; drop the other person to determine how it sounds. You wouldn't say "he took a picture of I."
5. Equally as bad is when a person gets the order mixed up and says something like, "Me and Wyatt are going to the zoo." Be courteous and put the other person before yourself. :)
6. Along the same lines of grammatically incorrect is when a person says, "I could care less". Really, you could care less? How about you couldn't care less?
7. I like life best when Wyatt isn't stressed about school. Life is still good when he's stressed about school. It's just more good when he's not.
8. I really like the Christmas song "Silent Night". It took me several years to really appreciate it. Each time I listen to it now, I get a little misty eyed. I think it captures the spirit that was probably present at Christ's birth the best.
9. I've decided to graph my level of happiness compared to what day of the week it is:
(note: Friday's are my day off from work)
10. Someone in my office stole some customer samples off my desk while I was at home last night. They were there last night when I left work...and they weren't there when I arrived this morning. Usually I'm the last to leave at night but last night was an exception. This is the second time something has mysteriously walked off my desk. Why does this only happen to me? My coworkers are going to think I'm sabotaging my stuff for attention...
11. My husband is smart. He earned straight A's again this term! Let's hope our kids inherit his brain.