Thursday, February 25, 2016

Welcome to the World, Philippa Wilson!


Our tiny giant arrived...seven-weeks ago.  Philippa Wilson born December 29, 2015!  Despite her larger than-average-size - 10lbs 3oz and 22-inches long - delivery wasn't that bad.  Well, it was pretty bad.  What I mean to say is that she was considerate enough to spare me the pain and came quickly.  By the time I was dilated to 10cm, she came out in two pushes.  Maybe, maybe 15-minutes.  I thought she'd arrive on the 30th since I started pushing just after 11:30pm.  Nope.  Apparently she was determined to have her birthday on the 29th since she was born at 11:45pm.  


Labor was as bad as I remembered it to be.  Just like Ro, the epidural didn't work the way it was supposed to, so I was left to feel all the pain.  That is until after Pippa was born and it finally kicked-in.  I was suuuuuper numb when they did all the post-delivery stuff.  I couldn't even walk the 10-feet to the bathroom without a wheelchair.  My guess is that she came so quickly, that things progressed so quickly, the epidural didn't have time to set.  Who knows.  I just know there was NO way I could've taken a nap after I received the epidural... the nap that I've had so many women tell me they enjoyed before they had to push.  Wo is me.



Recovery was bad too.  I was told I had a third-degree tear.  A fourth-degree tear is from one hole to the other.  At least it wasn't that bad.  But it hurt like crazy for two-weeks...and then I woke-up one day and it was like it never happened.  Yay! 



Wyatt's mom, Goombaw, came to stay with us for a week.  I was apprehensive at first - I kind of like going through a new change without extras.  But I'm very glad she was there.  She came the night before I was induced, so Ro had a familiar face when we went to the hospital.  As opposed to a stranger or acquaintance greeting him in the morning (if we were to duck-out in the middle of the night).  And she was a great distraction for Ro when we brought Pippa home and tried to nestle into our new norm.  



Pippa is a sweet baby.  She loves to snuggle, which is the exact opposite from Ro.  Wyatt calls her a dead spider because she rolls into a ball when you pick her up.  (Unlike Ro who liked to make his body straight as an arrow.)  I said I wanted a snuggly baby and got my wish.  It has come back to bite me in the butt though.  She likes to be rocked to sleep (until very recently...but I'm getting ahead of this post) which makes it very stressful when I have a toddler wanting attention too.  Ro has had to take the back-seat a lot lately.



Even so, Ro is a great big brother!  He was a bit apprehensive about Pippa when she arrived.  But quickly warmed-up to her and really likes her now.  He'll give her hugs and pats randomly.  And likes to lay next to her on her blankie.  And announce when she's happy or sad.  And he's a very good helper when I ask him to fetch me something while I'm nursing her.  I am a very lucky mama!  



So, yeah.  We are very glad Philippa is part of our family!  Welcome Miss!

No comments: