Thursday, October 4, 2007

Momma G


Momma G came to town Sunday for her annual PPI meeting with me. Every October (for the last three years) mom takes each of us kids out to eat and asks us questions about our lives. She does it so she can keep up to date with our happenings, tastes, dislikes, challenges, etc. This year the questions centered around my opinions of my wedding. What I liked best, what I would've changed, what my favorite present was, what my favorite part about being married is, etc. It was a lot of fun having her in town. We didn't do anything super exciting - mostly she just ran around town with me running different errands I needed to do. It was just fun spending time with her. She is one fun lady! We did get to go to the temple together and it was nice to have her there to teach me some new things. She is a smart lady too! And I love the way mom loves to eat! While she was here we made wheat pancakes, tortilla soup, lemon bread and my first ever homemade cinnamon rolls! (I've had them in my mind ever since Collette made them). Thanks for coming to visit - I love you momma!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, those look tasty. yep

Collette said...

Aunt Georgia, can you come to my house and help me to make cinnamon rolls that look that yummy? Thanks, Collette

How fun to have your mom in town. Moms are great.

Jeanna said...

Brit, our turn next. I am not sure baking is in our future, but we will include meals when momma G comes to visit. Your rolls looked great!

Anonymous said...

I am at Harold and Jeanna's now. True to my hoggy old self, I am doing nothing but eating--including cleaning up the plates of anyone who leaves a crumb. Jeanna said I looked irritated in the picture, then when she enlarged it, said it was okay. OKAY!! I hate it! Why can't I at least look as normal as I do to myself in the mirror. Well, this has been a fun vacation. Don't know if I will be able to keep from gaining a ton before all is finished on the 16th when I return from Cincinnati.

Anonymous said...

I love Momma G. I miss Momma G. When do I get my PPI? Maybe I will run into her one of these days in some far off exotic place like Pittsburg.

Abbie said...

Hey, I made cinnamon rolls once too! Go check June of this year. There are some yummy pictures. Yours look yummy too. :)