I was tagged - Twice - with two different formats. So now I'm going to share a really long email on a subject I could talk forever about....me.
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
3. Telemarketer - sold cable packages
4. Operator for Sears
B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Drama Prairie Dog
3. Emperor's New Groove
4. I don't think there is any movie I'd really watch over and over... I like to watch movies I've never seen...
C) Four Places I have lived:
1. unincorporated Jefferson County (Arvada mailing address), CO
2. Provo, UT
3. Arlington Heights, IL
4. Berlin, Germany (when I was two)
D) Four TV shows that I watch:
1. Arrested Development (on DVD)
2. 30 Rock
4. Good Eat's (Food Network)
E) Four ("Exotic") places I have been on vacation:
3. Europe (France, Scotland, England - this was the second round - first round I was too little to remember)
4. Hawaii (Oahu and Hawaii)
F) People who e-mail me regularly:
2. Travel Zoo's Top 20
3. Wyatt (though we IM more than anything)
4. Spam people
G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. All pastas except spaghetti (too boring for me)
H) Four things I hate (I added this one from Collete's blog):
1. running out of milk (I panic when the milk jug reaches a quarter full)
2. finding unexpected seeds in my oranges, mandarins, clementines, tangerines....
3. a loud TV
4. any kind of shopping except grocery (probably because I know that I will be able to find EXACTLY what I am looking for)
I) Four places I would rather be right now (with Wyatt):
1. Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries (Wyatt's brother lives there)
2. Katmandu (I've always wanted to go)
3. Any where in the South Pacific, specifically Kiribati (we read a book that took place here - it's hot and sounds like it'd be quite the experience)
4. on an African Safari
Now for Tag Number Two...Seven Random Facts/Habits about me:
1. I hate being cold. I have no desire to travel to Antarctica or Mt. Everest because it seems miserable to me. On the other hand I LOVE hot weather. I love it when it's so hot that I can sleep with my window open and lay on top of my covers. I like to take cold showers on hot days more than hot showers on cold days. And I love warm breezes.
2. Super powers I wish I had:
a.) The ability to teleport to anywhere in the world. b.)Seeing an article of clothing I like (in a store, on someone else, on the internet, etc.) and having an exact replica show up in my size in my closet (remember? I hate shopping).
3. I love music! I love the way it can express exactly how I am feeling... Sometimes when I find a new song I fall in love with I like to listen to it over and over again. And then I try to hide any evidence that I have listened to it a thousand times. Wyatt knows better, and always asks me "how many times today?" have I listened to my new favorite song. In turn, I love to dance - it makes me happy. Though I've never had any formal dancing lessons and my dancing consists of flaying my arms and legs. Someday I would like to take dance lessons - Latin and Ballroom. But for now I will stick to my karate dancing....
4. I like the smell of fresh cigarette smoke. Gross, I know. But it reminds me of skiing and going to amusement parks. Another favorite....pipe smoke.
5. I LOVE food. I love to cook it, smell it, and eat it. One of my biggest annoyances is an unplanned meal. I hate eating food that was just "thrown together." I only get to eat so many times in one day - so I want to enjoy it. And if I do eat a sub par meal - I regret it and count down the hours to the next meal. Sometimes I lay in bed at night planning out what I am going to eat the next day...
6. I have only two regrets in my life:
a. The time I didn't ditch my classes to hop on a plane to Denver (my home town) to watch my two favorite baseball teams (the Rockies and White Sox) play at Coors Field with my two good friends from Chicago. How many times does a situation like that come up? And really, how important was school?
b. The day my mom got divorced. I was so absorbed in my teenage life that I was oblivious that she had one of the worst days of her life. She came home from the event and it was just me living at home. She was really sad...and I did nothing. I'm sorry momma. I wish I would've given you the comfort you needed....
7. If I were to do it over again....I would've been a Chef, FBI Agent, Engineer, Professional Golfer, Food Critic, Travel Critic, Archaeologist or Ski Bum.
If you've read this post - and you haven't been tagged yet - consider yourself tagged.