Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Car - The Oregonian

It's official. My car, Sam, is now an Oregonian. I tried my hardest to postpone turning in my Illinois plates for Oregon ones. And I was actually pretty successful at it. I was able to renew my Illinois plates last year because my mail was still being forwarded to me at that point. So I've been living in Oregon for nearly two years (this August) and I've been able to keep my Illinois plates the whole time! Illegal? I know. Dishonest? Depends on your viewpoint. I wasn't doing it to skirt the law. It's merely issues I have with pride and my resistance to fully becoming an Oregonian. Despite the new plates - I am not an Oregonian... I love you Wyatt!!!!! :)

Before


After

8 comments:

G said...

I felt the same way when I had to trade in my Nevada plates for Utah plates. However, it wasn't painful at all to trade in my Utah plates for Oregon plates.

Jen Demaris said...

Ya I am haning onto those TX plates as long as possible! Dont you think that even the word Oregonian is weird sounding? I laughed the first time I heard it! Anyways, dont tell Wyatt I said that!

Jeff said...

Yea! You're an Oregonian now!!! Let me officially welcome you to the Northwest! When I moved to Michigan I REFUSED to part with my Washington plates.....and I NEVER had Utah plates either. No way no how. Sam looks smokin' in those Crater Lake plates.

Satirical Gangster said...

I have to say that Sam looks whiter and all around happier with his new plates. He was tired of living a lie, always looking over his fender trying to avoid the fuzz. Now he's at peace. Welcome home Sam... welcome home.

Jeanna said...

Dear Sam, It could be worse, you could have Utah plates on. However, I have come to love our Utah plates, just as I am sure Britty will learn to love your Oregon plates. The longer you stay in a place, the more it feels like home. At my house my cars are born in different places, but I will always and forever be a California Girl.

Anonymous said...

I used to dream of becoming a Coloradan--but I still remember how tough it was to give up the Wyoming plates and drivers license. Now I couldn't think of myself as anything else but Colorado. Momma G on any other state's plates. NO WAY!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain. My Colorado plates didn't actually get taken away when I got Utah plates, so they are still in my car anyway. Now people think I'm a Utah driver despite my driving skills and I am embarrassed by that.

Josette said...

i think whenever you move somewhere you don't want to get rid of your old plates. i didn't want to get new plates when i moved to illinois. and then i didn't want to get new plates when i moved back to utah. i think it all stems back to my hatred of the DMV.