Sunday, July 29, 2012

thirty days of 30 - day 13

Brittany, age 13.


Day 13 Festivities: Portland Timbers game
Even though the Timbers game has been on the docket since I organized my thirty-days of celebration, the day proved to be fruitful with activities.  After our morning at the river we raced home for a family friendly softball game organized by some friends.  It did not disappoint!  I love, LOVE "playing" softball/baseball on a nice summer day.  Next we gave into our bodies' demand for a nap (remember, the beaver kept us awake with all its slapping).  We then attended a pioneer party with some friends at the local park (great food and company!).  And finally the Timbers game.  It was an ideal summer day!

As far as I'm concerned, the Timbers game was a bit uneventful.  Sorta meh.  (Which as a side note, I think Wyatt and I are bad luck because we've attended three Timbers games since they went to MLS and they lost all three games.)  The best part of the evening, in my opinion, was the bicycle riding through the city.  Wyatt had the great idea to park our truck at the institute building (about 1.5-miles from the field) and ride our bikes to the game.  If I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE riding my bike - especially my beach cruiser.




Something about me: My favorite sports to watch: hockey and baseball.  My favorite teams: Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, and Chicago White Sox.  Truthfully, since I got married my sports-watching has diminished exponentially.  Wyatt's not that into sports, which means I'm the "sports fan" in the family.  And since I pale in comparison to all the fanatics out there, sports really don't get watched at our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of miss those years Brice led the sports-fan parade at our house. I even enjoyed attending the baseball games, first at old Mile High, then at Coors Field. I was always glad Ross wasn't a sports fanatic (is that where the word "fan" comes from? FANatic? Just thought of that.) but I don't know much about what is going on in the world since so much of it is about sports.

Go, Britty!

Love, Momma

Josette said...

hockey stinks. no offense. it's weird to think of not having a husband that loves sports. i guess cuz i grew up with big sports fans and billy is a big sports fan. funny that you are the "sports fan" in the relationship.